The pursuit of beauty goes back to the early civilizations of mankind. Since then, the desire to improve the appearance of the teeth, gums and mouth, in general, has existed. While some give more importance than others, scientific research has improved the field of Cosmetic Dental Care. Colour is one of the parameters that involve care and cosmetic dentistry treatments have emerged (as a result of research and field work) to do such that. Having bright white teeth has become a priority, eliminating complexes when smiling, talking and communicating with people around you. What are the problems associated with discolouration that aesthetic dental treatments can take care of?
Aesthetic dental treatments are varied and each patient will be fitted for an individual and customized smile by specialists in cosmetic dentistry:
- Dental veneers (composite veneers and porcelain veneers).
- Zirconium crowns or pure porcelain crowns designed and manufactured with dental CADCAM.
- Aesthetic orthodontic sapphire braces and invisible orthodontics by Invisalign.
- Immediate implants immediately loaded with fixed tooth placement on the same day.
Everyone knows the importance of fluoride in oral care, especially for younger patients. Despite being a highly recommended substance, it has its own risks, and dental fluorosis is one of them. This anomaly, manifests as white spots on teeth, and is caused by excessive fluoride intake before tooth eruption. It usually appears between one and a half to three years old, but could also subsequently occur later on. Fluoride is not bad, unless in large quantities. What effects can cause fluorosis have on teeth?
- Grooves or lines through the tooth surface
- Highly resistant to tooth decay but with opaque white spots
- The enamel becomes brittle and leaves visible brown spots on different teeth
Thus, their effects fall most heavily on dental aesthetics, not the functionality of the teeth. To avoid this, it is essential to seek Cosmetic Dental Care. The reasons that a patient sees a dental clinic are usually varied, whether by discomfort, pain or prevention, but most agree on one thing: they want to improve the appearance of their smile, either because there are problems or because they need a new image in their personal and / or professional lives. Visit Ebyfamilydental.com to learn more.
Like us on Facebook!